DACAPO TYRE MEASUREMENT STATION
The Dacapo TMS is designed for inspecting tyres at various stages of the manufacturing
process. It can be used for quality control in both hot cure and pre-cure tyre production
▪ automatic operation
▪ check for misaligned tread and ovality error
▪ measure the tyre profile in several positions
▪ generate error codes
▪ store all measurements in a database
Verification / Traceability
▪ retrieve each individually stored tyre from the database
▪ view measurements and result on-line
▪ view / print graphics
▪ compile statistical data for all tyres or for a selected size
▪ view / print graphics (bar graphs, diagrams, etc.)
Suitable for retreads and new tyres
A tyre can be controlled up to three times as:
▪ buffed casing
▪ cushion gum covered casing
▪ built tyre
The tyre is measured using a machine vision system. While the tyre is rotating on
the inflatable hub, it will be measured 10 or 20 times (user selectable).
The tyre is checked for tread movement sideways, tread off-centre and ovality. If
any of these values exceeds the set tolerances, an error code will be generated.
The tire profile is also measured and the profile is presented as 10 individual profiles
(every 36°) and as an average profile.
The tyre data is stored with an id. This will make it possible to retrieve the data
for each individual tyre.